Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in April: 47
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2020: 158
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2020: 710
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in April: 7,984
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2020: 28,040
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2020: 120,000
- % of Congress Emailed Year to Date: 94%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Political Affairs Team members Betsey Love, Jonah McGarvey and Melia Reyther-Espinoza; Content Team member Amanda Ostuni.
- Bird Dog Award: Political Affairs Team members Liquan (Joyce) Jiang, Michael Villani, Julia Sosnivka and Meredith Kahan.
- President’s Circle: Nonprofit Leadership Team members Rebecca Collins and Christian Brown. Political Affairs Team members Michael Villani, Elizabeth McMahon, Hannah McLain, Julia Anderson and Regional Director Hannah Reznik.
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized): Political Affairs Team member Daniella Cardinale-Weinberg.
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Letters to the Editor
Political Affairs Team
- Matthew Bado in The Courier: Foreign aid is necessary to fight COVID-19
- Melia Reyther-Espinoza in the Lakewood Sentinel: Borgen Project can help
- Anne Bennett in the Severna Park Voice: Band-Aids On Bullet Wounds
- Gabriel Weldron in the Macomb Daily: What about the homeless?
- Jessenia Sanchez in the San Francisco Chronicle: Preventing pandemics
- Amanda Ostuni in Newsday: U.S. must not forget poor countries
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
On Tuesday, May 5th, as a response to the COVID-19 crisis, The Borgen Project participated in Giving Tuesday’s #GivingTuesdayNow initiative for a global day of giving and unity. While #GivingTuesdayNow is just one square on the calendar, we will continue to be an influential ally for the world’s poor in U.S. foreign policy decisions year-round.
In April, we kicked off our first virtual series event with Co-Founder and Executive Director of Women in Global Health, Dr. Roopa Dhatt, who shared her work in her field as it relates to the gender gap in global healthcare.
Don’t forget to tag @theborgenproject in your content on Instagram
Political Affairs Team member Alex Baldwin created a podcast arguing for the increase of the International Affairs Budget. Featured: Program Manager Amy Pettigrew.
Political Affairs Team member Annie Bennett: Money is M(aid)