Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in March: 22
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2020: 104
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2020: 710
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in March: 7,780
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2020: 20,056
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2020: 120,000
- % of Congress Emailed Year to Date: 73%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Articles of the Month: Minnesota Refugee Resettlement by Amanda Ostuni, South African Income Inequality Persists by Perry Stone Budd and The Rise and Empowerment of Female Farmers in Nepal by Taylor Pittman.
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Jordyn Garrett-Green, PR/Marketing Team member, Natalie Coyne, Political Affairs Team member, Megan Tigue, Regional Director and Laurel Sonneby, Content Team member.
- Bird Dog Award: Advocate Katianna Laveaux, Political Affairs Team members Michael Villani, Kyle Israel Kalindjian and Daniella Cardinale-Weinberg.
- President’s Circle: Political Affairs Team members Brett McCraw, Max Warren, Dana Kit and Alexis Page.
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized): Political Affairs Team members Lindsey LeBaron, Matthew Nieves and Kyle Israel Kalindjian.
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Regional Director Hannah Reznik held a tabling event at Flagler College in Florida. The main goal of the event was to mobilize students to email their congressional leaders in support of the International Affairs Budget. Hannah mobilized 21 students!
Letters to the Editor
Political Affairs Team
- Liz Vernon in the News and Tribune: Want an effective border wall? Invest in foreign aid!
- Alexis Page in The Alliance Review: Plea to U.S. government to invest in peace
- Natalie Coyne in The Washington Post: Further fallout from the coronavirus
- Lindsey LeBaron in the Daily Herald: Pass the time by saving lives around the world
- Amira Berry in the Daily Times: World must respond to coronavirus threat
- Maia Cullen in the Newton TAB – Wicked Local: Resident urges global health investment during COVID-19 health crisis
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
Don’t forget to tag @theborgenproject in your content on Instagram
Content Team member Lauren DesJardins created a series of graphics to share on her Instagram Story.
Global Poverty and The Borgen Project by PR/Marketing Team member Adrian Jones.