Note from the President: Register to vote! Enough said. The people voted into Congress in two months will either be allies for the world’s poor or foes. Your advocacy is crucial in getting leaders more engaged in the issue, but electing people from the start who are interested in helping the world’s poor is critical.
– Clint Borgen
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in August: 67
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2018: 608
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2018: 560
- Number of Advocacy Emails in August: 7,129
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2018: 100,000
- % of Congress Emailed in August: 97%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
The month’s top 10 magazine articles:
Great work from the Content Team has ensured another fantastic month of website stats:
HR Team Updates
Another great month of recruitment from the HR team, with applications to our internship and volunteer programs increasing year on year.
Professional Development Help
We are pleased to offer professional development help to our interns. To find out more go to: https://borgenteam.org/professional-development-help/
Congratulations to the following team members that have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Bird-dog Award: Jasmine Dunklin, PR/Marketing Team.
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more): Gavin Isbell, Political Affairs Team.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Alyssa Ince, Political Affairs Team; Cadin Truesdale, Political Affairs Team; Cassandra Rice, Political Affairs Team; Taylor Jennings, Content Team and Liesl Hostetter, Content Team.
- President’s Circle: Andrew Wedeking, Political Affairs Team; Heidi Harris, Political Affairs Team; Maija Olson, Political Affairs Team; David Fladger PR/Marketing Team and Mar Lopez Barreiro, Political Affairs Team.
- Public Outreach Award: Mar Lopez Barreiro, Political Affairs Team.
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Political Affairs Team member Dalvida Palmer tabled at an event held by Rep. Donald McEachin (D – VA 4th).
PR/Marketing Team member Rose Austin prepping for her One-Mile Campaign.
Political Affairs Team member Sierra Arral used chalk art and fliers for her campaign throughout Saco, Maine.
Letters to the Editor
Ishita Garg, PR/Marketing Team, in the Loudon Times-Mirror Letter to the Editor – Garg: House should pass the Global Food Security Reauthorization Act.
Jenna Walmer, Content Team, in Lancaster Online: Pass international aid budget.
Laura Turner, Content Team, in the Press Herald – Letter to the editor: Pressure Maine delegation to maintain foreign aid budget.
Emily Torjusen, HR Team, in The Reflector – Murray and Cantwell must support the Food for Peace Modernization Act.
And PR/Marketing Team member Victoria Beyer had two letters published:
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
Check out some of the infographs PR/Marketing Team member Victoria Fejfar designed using Canva!
Political Affairs Team member Kaitlyn Fillhart collected and cashed in over 150 lbs. of aluminum cans for The Borgen Project!
Check out this video created by PR/Marketing Team member Victoria Beyer for her diverting branding campaign.