District Work Periods: May 25th through June 1st
The May recess is the perfect time to schedule meetings with your congressional leaders, since they will be back from D.C. and in their home district and state. For all team members who are required to lobby during the program, please schedule meetings with your leaders or members of their staff either by personal appointment or via phone meeting.
Let’s get our lobbying efforts doubled this year!
Remember to email [email protected] and cc your Team Manager with your report.
Top Priority Bills in the House of Representatives
- REACH Act
- BUILD Act
- Global Food Security Reauthorization Act (for those who already co-sponsored REACH or BUILD)
Top Priority Bills in the Senate
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in April: 74
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2018: 302 – Within just the first quarter of this year, we are already 53% of the way to our 2018 goal!
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2018: 560
- Number of Advocacy Emails in April: 5,095
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2018: 100,000
- % of Congress Emailed in April: 86%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
In April we had our single biggest increase in web traffic… 58,000 more people visited the website in April than in March!!! More than 434,000 people visited borgenproject.org. We’re already at 1.4 million total visitors this year. Great work everyone!
Here are the Top 10 Articles for April on BORGEN Magazine.
HR Team Updates
There is a 50% increase in applicants – April 2017 vs. April 2018.
Professional Development Help
We are pleased to offer professional development help to our interns. To find out more go to: http://borgenteam.org/professional-development-help/
Congratulations to the following team members that have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Bird-Dog Award: Alexander Klein, Political Affairs Team (May 2018) and Courtney Yorks, Political Affairs Team (May 2018).
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more): Lea Sacca, Content Team (April 2018).
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Mikayla Werner, HR Team (May 2018).
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Editor in Chief Brendan McBryde was featured in The Hill for his piece – Rethinking how we handle development finance.
Letters to the Editor
Barak BenYehuda, PR/Marketing Team, in The Record – Opinion: Email your government officials to enact real change in global poverty.
Joel Anderson, Political Affairs Team, in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch – Congress must continue to protect and fight for foreign aid.
Sarah Chocron, Advocate, in The Wichita Eagle – Enhancing Kansas exports.
Tyler Quinn Fiske, Political Affairs Team, in The Frederick News-Post – Looking at foreign aid differently.
Here are some of the fliers designed by our team members.
Check out Political Affairs Team member Matt Smeriglio’s video about his upcoming Borgen Project fundraiser.
View the video by clicking here.
Here are images from PR/Marketing Team member Kelly O’Conor Morgan’s fundraising campaign.
[one_half first] [/one_half]
Matt Smeriglio, Political Affairs Team member, created another great video. This one is about emailing Congress.
View the video by clicking here.