Welcome to the Political Team Hub!
You’ll find key links and documents here. Be sure to bookmark this page
THE POLITICAL TEAM HELP DESK
Questions and weekly reports:
Political Affairs Team Members: [email protected]
Regional Directors & Advocates: [email protected]
Section One – Overview
HOW WE OPERATE
- Governmental Relations: We meet with U.S. and UK leaders to build support for life-saving legislation and effective poverty-reduction programs/programmes.
- Mobilize: We mobiliz(s)e people across the globe behind efforts to make poverty a political priority.
- Educate: We teach basic advocacy skills that allow citizens to communicate with their government.
- Issue Message: We build awareness of global issues and innovations in poverty-reduction through our online and community presence.
State Of The Union – The link will be sent out at the beginning of each month. Please be sure to go through all the information and provide your manager with your summary.
Section Two – Advocacy
Bookmark MySociety and stay up to date with news from Parliament.
Section Three – Mobiliz(s)ing
Mobilizing groups to email congress – U.S. team
Mobilising email templates – UK team
Find congressional phone numbers – U.S. team
Determine who your MP is – UK team
Section Four – Fundraising
Online Fundraising Campaign – U.S. team
Online Fundraising Campaign – UK team
Where does your donation go? – U.S. team
Where does your donation go? – UK team
Fundraising Talking Points – U.S. team
FAQ’s – UK team
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
Military & Business Leaders Support for Aid – U.S.
2017 Business Leaders Letter
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
1. Order a free swipe card at SquareUp.com
2. Let us know if you get a card and we’ll send you an invite. People will then be able to swipe their credit card against a device attached to your phone and the donation will go directly to The Borgen Project’s account. This is a handy device for fundraisers and allows you to accept credit cards at the door.
ISSUE RELATED NEWS