- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in June: 79
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2018: 452 – We are already 80% to our goal this year!
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2018: 560
- Number of Advocacy Emails in June: 11,610 – A new record! The highest number of emails sent in one month.
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2018: 100,000
- % of Congress Emailed in June: 94%
Congressional Office Meetings
Here’s the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Here are the Top 10 Articles for June on BORGEN Magazine.
HR Team Updates
There was a 110% increase in applicants – First Quarter 2017 vs. First Quarter 2018. Only 7% of applicants for internships are selected to join The Borgen Project. The outstanding recruitment effort allows the movement to grow while bringing on diverse individuals who possess a wide range of skills and talents – all of whom are passionate and committed to helping those less fortunate on a global scale.
Professional Development Help
We are pleased to offer professional development help to our interns. To find out more go to: https://borgenteam.org/professional-development-help/
Congratulations to the following team members that have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Chief Closer Award: Abigail Dunn, Content Team (July); Jared Williard, Political Affairs Team (July); Nathan Ghelli, Political Affairs Team (July); Sabrina Angel, Political Affairs Team; Sadie Amonino, Political Affairs Team; Samantha Lane Stroud, PR/Marketing Team; Tucker Pettigrew, Political Affairs Team; and Zhiyuan Zhang, PR/Marketing Team.
- President’s Circle: Lauren McNamara, Political Affairs Team (July) and Tucker Pettigrew, Political Affairs Team (July).
- Public Outreach Award: Isabelle Kiehl, PR/Marketing Team (July); Lauren McNamara, Political Affairs Team (July); Peyton Miller, PR/Marketing Team (July); and Taylor Beightol, PR/Marketing Team (July).
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Letters to the Editor
- Ana Soria Galvarro, PR/Marketing Team, in The Anniston Star – Letter to the editor: Let’s end world poverty.
- Christopher Steward, HR Team, in the Journal Tribune – Increase funding to the extreme poor.
- Emily Spears, PR/Marketing Team, in the Glasgow Daily Times – Letter to the Editor.
- John Schmitz, PR/Marketing Team, in the Winona Daily News – John Schmitz: A plea to increase foreign aid.
- Mackenzie Bender, Political Affairs Team, in the Gettysburg Times – Border battles banished.
- Nathanael Welford-Small, Political Affairs Team, in the Daily Hampshire Gazette Opinion Letters – Nathanael Welford-Small: Urges Congress to avoid cutting foreign aid.
- Taylor Beightol, PR/Marketing Team, in the YakimaHerald.com – Yemen needs U.S. help.
- Tucker Pettigrew, Political Affairs Team, in The Island Packet Letters To The Editor: Here’s a better way to support the troops.
Team members have been very busy creating outreach materials to mobilize and raise awareness about global poverty issues.
PR/Marketing Team member Juliana Mangano designed this Gas Rewards Card for her friends to encourage them to call and email Congress.
And fellow PR/Marketing Team member Taylor Beightol created these Instagram stories.
Mobilizing Others to Contact Congress
Here are photos from PR/Marketing Team member Peyton Miller’s information session and of her One-Mile Campaign chalk art.
PR/Marketing Team member Angela Tate used chalk art and fliers in her One-Mile Campaign.
[hr_invisible] Political Affairs Team member Caroline Hickey organized a dinner party swarm where they contacted Congress about the REACH Act.
Political Affairs Team member Sabrina Angel held a 1920’s themed Murder Mystery Party Fundraiser and raised over $200.
Check out this animated video created by PR/Marketing Team member Anna Zagorski about the Protecting Girls’ Access to Education Act.