Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in September: 43
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2022: 411
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2022: 300
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in September: 4,770
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2022: 68,160
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2022: 200,000
- % of Congress Emailed Year to Date: 98%
Congressional Office Meetings and Bird Dogging
Updates from DC
Listen in to hear all of the latest updates from DC.
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition
- Bird-Dog Award:
- Political Team: Nina Gulbransen
- Articles of the Month:
- WFP’s Emergency Response to the Global Food Crisis by Mollie Lund
- The BLUE Pacific Act Promotes Development in the Pacific Islands by Oliver De Jonghe
- Masaka Kids Africana Empowers Ugandan Children by Alexis King
- Bird-Dog Award:
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
One-Mile Campaigns & Mobilizing
Letters to the Editor
Nonprofit Leadership Team
- Anastasia Argat The News Tribune
- Ava Ronning goSkagit
- Emily Fry Union Bulletin
- Ngoc Vu The World
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
In August, former HR Team member, Affiz DinGabisi created this personalized one-of-a-kind jacket for his fundraiser, which raised a total of $1,046-57, in support of the MINDS Act. Affiz wrote the names of people who donated on the inside of the jacket and donated the jacket to The Borgen Project HQ. DIMM stands for Dancing in a Mental Maze.
Nonprofit Leadership Team member, Avery Evans
The Borgen Project is now on TikTok! Give us a follow @theborgenproject.
Have an idea for a TikTok? Please email them [email protected].
Political Affairs Team member, Haya Chaudhri in the UK, created this great video about the ODA and why it’s important to reach out to Members of Parliament
HR Team member Patricia Andrea Flores spreading the word in the Philippines
Another great video from HR Team member Patricia Andrea Flores
Political Affairs Team member, Austin Martinez created this great video for his leader, Representative Escobar (D-TX-16)
PR/Marketing Team member, FNU Khushboo
PR/Marketing Team member Ayda Hailu