Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in July: 80
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2022: 330
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2022: 300 – We did it! In July, we were able to meet our meeting goal of 300 meetings for the year. We couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you to everyone who helped out with these meetings!
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in July: 13,090
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2022: 54,919
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2022: 200,000
- % of Congress Emailed Year to Date: 96%
Congressional Office Meetings and Bird Dogging
Updates from DC
Listen in to hear all of the latest updates from DC.
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition
- Big Kahuna Award (raised $5,000 or more):Lily Clausen, Nonprofit Leadership Team member and Rebecca Lytle, Political Affairs Team member
- Leader Board Award (raised $4,000 or more): Melina Stavropoulos, Content Team member
- Honors Award (raised $3,000 or more): Kaitlyn Evans, Nonprofit Leadership Team member
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more): Jay Taylor-Raden, HR Team member
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more):
- HR Team: Marris Hoffee
- Political Affairs Team: Jessica Heller, Maddy Flowers, Max Seigerman
- Content Team: Finn Hartnett
- PR/Marketing Team: Sophie Piacentini, Christian Schroeder
- Nonprofit Leadership Team: Julia DiTota, Olivia Hennessy
- President’s Circle Award (Mobilized 50+ people):
- Political Team: John Kirkley, Mia Hackett
- Articles of the Month:
- Ethiopia’s 8028 Farmer Hotline by Sarah DiLuzio
- Stories of Hope from Central America’s Dry Corridor by Alexander Portner
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
One-Mile Campaigns, Mobilizing and Awareness
Letters to the Editor
- Hailey Hall Southern Maryland News and Southern Maryland News
- Mia Hackett Daily Herald
- Isabella Piekut Community 99
- Abigail Farnsworth Strong The Salt Lake Tribune
- Thendral Veerasekar Daily Herald
- Claudia Efemini Edinburgh Evening News
Nonprofit Leadership Team
- Isabella PeitzBrighton Sentinel & Enterprise
- Vincent Pandey Longmont Times-Call
- Alexandra Barbatsuly NJ.com
- Patrick Alexander Trib Live
A series of memes by Timothy Peacock, Nonprofit Leadership Team member
The Borgen Project is now on TikTok! Give us a follow @theborgenproject.
Have an idea for a TikTok? Please email them [email protected].
Political Affairs Team member, Mello Wilsted has been utilizing TikTok for their mobilizing, other outreach and education! The entire page is dedicated to their internship and The Borgen Project!
PR/Marketing Team Sara Fikree asking for support for Official Development Assistance
PR/Marketing Team member, Hafsa Abdulla created this video about Official Development Assistance
How to divert funds by Xiarui Zhang of the PR/Marketing team
Political Affairs Team member, Jonathan Main urging the Foreign Affairs Committee to Support the UK’s Overseas Development
Kennedy Jester has put together a great series of photos of their time on the Nonprofit Leadership team.