On December 3rd, the End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Act (H.R. 3460) passed in the House of Representatives! But our work on this bill isn’t over. Now, let’s turn our attention to the Senate to get this legislation across the finish line. Let your Senators know the importance of scaling up USAID’s NTD Program to control and/or eliminate global NTDs.
Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in November: 31
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2019: 729
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2019: 775
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in November: 4,488
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2019: 95,242
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2019: 80,000
- % of Congress Emailed in November: 99%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Whilst the majority of our website visitors and article readers are from the U.S., you might be surprised by some of the other nations in the top 10:
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Big Kahuna Award (raised $5,000 or more): Sophia Wanyonyi, Content Team member
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Lauren Householder, HR Team member; Louisa Whitaker, Political Affairs Team member
- President’s Circle (held 3 congressional meetings): Susan Niz, Content Team member; Angus Gracey, Political Affairs Team member
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized): Jacob Lang, Political Affairs Team member; Anisha Jintoorkar, Political Affairs Team member
- Article of the Month: One Day’s Wages Can Fight Global Poverty by Jordan Miller
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Letters to the Editor
Political Affairs Team
- Roberto Consuegra in The Gainesville Sun: Untapped Markets
- Mahzarin Mistry in the Loudoun Now: Letter: Mahzarin Mistry, Leesburg
- Hannah Pennant in The Roanoke Times: Let’s talk International Affairs Budget
- Mauliola Gonsalves in The Spokesman-Review: Advocacy is the next step
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
Political Affairs Team member Mazi Mistry called into C-SPAN: “I was able to talk about The Borgen Project and the atrocities occurring at the Southern border with regards to DACA and the Keep Families Together Act.”