Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in July: 235
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2020: 788
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2020: 710
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in July: 47,577
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2020: 135,415
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2020: 120,000
- % of Congress Emailed Year to Date: 100%
Congressional Office Meetings and Live Events
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Articles of the Month:
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition
- Leader Board Award (raised $4,000 or more):
- Content Team: Melina Stavropoulos
- Honors Award (raised $3,000 or more):
- Political Affairs Team: Jacob Boehm
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more):
- Content Team: Lucia Kenig-Ziesler, Rachel Powell, Alexandra Black
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more):
- Content Team: Heather Law, Caledonia Strelow, Sarah Litchney, Melody Kazel, Maya Gonzales, Kayleigh Crabb, Erica Fealtman, Ashley Bond, Amanda Kuras, Alexandra Black, Giulia Silver, Hannah Simpson (Editor), Ann Carolyn Tarry (Editor), Ilana Issula, Stephanie Russo, Jacqueline McMahon
- HR Team: Joel Walters
- In-Office Team: Jasmine Zhu
- Nonproft Leadership Team: Dalia Nazzal, Jeanne Kopstein, Rachel Holliday
- Political Affairs Team: Lauren Diana, Kaitlyn Moorhead, Cailan Adams, Claire Knox, Lara Smith, Sam Crispin, Derrick Dousharm, Abigail Wilson, Caroline Cuoco, Emily Pyle, Molly Funk, Yasmeen Abdul-Razeq, Max Glennie, Danielle Piccoli, Jeehan Mikdadi, Daina Stinnett, Edward Ryan, Brandon Stoll, Cecilia Payne, Zachary Szymanski, Elizabeth Dassow, Katy Dulaney, Shadia Aroworade
- PR/Marketing Team: Michaela Johnson, Ella Nordell-Morris, Kelsey Lu, Haley Paluszak, Jack Marquard, Rachel Calvis, Sydney Chamley-Oerton, Robert Crystal
- Advocates: Isabel Brittin, Emma Gebel
- Bird Dog Award:
- Political Affairs Team: Dakota Spears, Samantha Sasaki, Thomas Flora, Melinda Lu, Matthew Hernandez, Jessica Peoples, Sam Hiner, Frank Lopez, Dakota Spears, Lucy Bozinov, Ayaan Siddiqui, Natasha Shaghafi, Madina Zermeno, Sydnie Jiang, Brandon Stoll, Simon Lee, Jax Vtieznik, Vidushee Mishra, Hannah DelSordo, Jessica Peoples, Jacob Boehm, Talia Mathew, Elizabeth Dassow
- President’s Circle:
- Advocate: Venus Wang
- Nonprofit Leadership Team: Seth Duval, George Anderson, Grace Gao, Seth Duval
- Political Affairs Team: Olivia Cobleigh, Dakota Spears, Jack LaFave, Jennifer Ramirez, Kaitlyn Moorhead, Jasroop Dhingra, Caroline Garay, Max Glennie, Jasmun Askew, Justin Sonnenreich, Maia Tolomeo, Raye Shane, Danielle Crowley, Zainab Sunny, Kendya Kennedy, Lauren Fuller, Rachel Levine, Sofia Siegel, Savannah Buys, Taos Washington, Jessica Peoples, Jordan Larson, Lizzy Rode and Aleksia Kleine, Gregg Cornett, Quinn Luong, Sam Hiner, Eric Jamous, John LaFave, Michael Roberts, Megan Proudfoot, Natasha Shaghafi, Djuna Day-Booth, Sydnie Jiang, Nicholas Collins, Brandon Stoll, Simon Lee, Jax Vtieznik, Hannah DelSordo, Alissa Bidwell, Elizabeth Deasy, Laura Benjamin, Cecilia Payne, Jessica Peoples, Jacob Boehm, James Tolentino, Gabriela Senno, Elizabeth Dassow
- PR/Marketing Team: Rachel Calvis
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized):
- Content Team: Rida Memon, Madeline Zuzevich
- Political Affairs Team: Yasmeen Abdul-Razeq, Kendya Kennedy, Lauren Fuller, Madeline Leers, Mary Ostaszewski, Max Glennie, Erika Nguyen, Madeleine Bauer, Ashly Sanz, Daniel Mills, Madina Zermeno, Sydnie Jiang, Ryan Metz, Conner Brown, Brandon Stoll, Simon Lee, Hannah DelSordo, Laura Benjamin, Cecilia Payne, Juliana Balaban, Elizabeth Dassow, Katy Dulaney, Vanessa Edwards
- PR/Marketing Team: Bianca Pardo, Jake West
- HR Team: Shivam Shah
- Leader Board Award (raised $4,000 or more):
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
One-Mile Campaigns & Mobilizing
Letters to the Editor
- Emma Benson in the Deseret News: Why we should protect the International Affairs Budget
- Kayla Randolph in the Journal Inquirer: A sense of unity
Political Affairs Team
- Emily Pyle in the Greer Citizen: Greer native advocates for national funding
- Allison Lin in the Syosset Jericho Tribune: Toppling the World Order: China’s Surge Upward
- Alek LaShomb in the Winona Daily News: In support of mask mandate
- Anne Bennett in DigBoston: Forced bipartisanship jeopardizes bills to help young people
- Lucas King in the Cleveland: One ‘immediate action’ to address the global pandemic is for all of us to urge Congress to increase U.S. foreign aid
- Katy Dulany in Thrive Global: The Give and take of difficult seasons: How to make a difference in the midst of a global pandemic
- Sabrina Delisfort in the Sun-Sentinel: Congress should step up and fight global poverty
- Scott Oatkin in the Daily Freeman: Foreign aid is useful investments for US and in the Mid Hudson News: Global health security needs investment
- Ben Matczak in the Providence Journal: Support efforts to bar cuts to U.S. foreign aid
- Kylie Kreitz in the Centre Daily Times: Global response needed in COVID-19 fight
- Kaitlin Scott in the Star Press: Congress should fund international COVID-19 fight
- Nicholas Hanna in the Cleveland: Use part of next coronavirus aid package to help worst-hit globally
- Quinn Luong in The Abington Journal: A call to support The Borgen Project
- Michael Roberts in the St. Louis Post Dispatch: US funding is vital in fight to control the coronavirus
- Kendya Kennedy in the Delaware Online: Rethinking congressional spending
- LynZee Jordan in the Lubbock Avalanche Journal: US should help others
- Melinda Lu in the Del Mar Times (pg. 18): Poverty is the root of many issues we face
- Emma Coghill in the Iowa State Daily: Military does not need to be the be all, end all
- Ann Yu in the Daily Camera: COVID-19: Help stop the spread
- Cailey Melville in the Greenfield Recorder: Global Health Security Act
- Elizabeth Gierhart in The Columbus Dispatch: Americans can make the world better if they choose
- Ella Nordell-Morris in the Lawrence Journal-World: Health security needed
- Sara Holm in the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: Aid to foreign nations
- Maria Aparicio in The Gainesville Sun: Second Pandemic
- Tessa Rodgers in The Courier-Herald: While we fight against COVID-19, let’s also target TB
- Leeah Allen in the Traverse City Record Eagle: Preparing for pandemics integral
- Hannah Zastrow in The Pitch: The Borgen Project advocates for COVID-19 relief in countries facing global poverty
- Michael Colquitt in the Ocala: More foreign aid needed
- Caitlin Doherty in the Dallas Morning News: Help make others’ lives better
Nonprofit Leadership Team
- Matthew St. Jeanos in Newsday: Disease a threat around the globe
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
Extreme Global Poverty Facts by PR/Marketing Team member Alexa Bates.
Interviews and Podcasts
—PR/Marketing Team member Sarah Tucker was featured in an interview with The Critical Times to discuss The Borgen Project. ‘Peace and Justice Report’
—Political Affairs Team member Kameron Shah: US colleges to lose foreign students after ICE announcement
—Political Affairs Team member Greg Cornett featured in the Lake Gaston Gazette-Observor: Local UNC grad teams with nonprofit to fight poverty
The Borgen Project is now on TikTok! Give us a follow @theborgenproject.
@theborgenprojectMake your voice count!👏🏼##fyp ##whitehouse ##president ##trump ##call ##email ##poverty ##america ##usa ##foryoupage ##foryourpage ##foryou ##for♬ original sound – theborgenproject
Have an idea for a TikTok? Please email them to Nonprofit Leadership Team member Sharon Shenderovskiy at [email protected].
Team members took to Instagram to voice support for the cause. Don’t forget to tag @theborgenproject in your content on Instagram:
Political Affairs Team
Nonproft Leadership Team
Vanessa Edwards, Gabriela Senno, Hannah DelSordo and Alissa Bidwell, all from our Political Affairs Team, were just a few team members who used their Instagram Story to spread the word.
Global Poverty Trivia by PR/Marketing Team member Jamie Hood.
24 miles in 24 hours by PR/Marketing Team member Alexandra Giardina.
My Internship Experience at The Borgen Project by Nonproft Leadership Team member Heeyoung Son.
Get Involved by PR/Marketing Team member Sarah Tucker.
Eliminemos la Pobreza: Llama a tus Representantes Congresistas by PR/Marketing Team member Camila Lavadenz.
Political Affairs Team member Olivia Thompson on C-SPAN.