Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in October: 65
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2019: 696
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2019: 775
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in October: 5,917
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2019: 90,754
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2019: 80,000
- % of Congress Emailed in October: 99%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
Year to date our website has had 6 million visitors! With a 2019 goal of 5 million visitors, we have smashed it! Well done everyone.
The Borgen Project received a shoutout in an article on Bustle featuring Harry Styles. Take a look: Harry Styles Tweeted A Link To This Mysterious Website & Twitter’s Experiencing A Collective Moment
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more): Olivia Heale and Sophia Wanyonyi from the Content Team; Michelle Dickson from the Political Affairs Team member.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Sophia Wanyonyi, Content Team member; Angus Gracey, Political Affairs Team member; Ryan B. Holman, Content Team Member; Angus Gracey Political Affairs Team member and Madison Botsch, PR/Marketing Team member.
- President’s Circle (held 3 congressional meetings): Marisa Anopolsky, Jacob Lang and Isabelle Pinzon from the Political Affairs Team.
- Bird Dog Award: Mahzarin Mistry, Political Affairs Team member.
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized): Alina Shivji, PR/Marketing Team member (55); Maggie Aulman, PR/Marketing Team member (50). Elisabeth Drabkin, Political Affairs Team member (50).
- Article of the Month: The Importance of the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2019 by Sarah Frazer
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Letters to the Editor
Political Affairs Team
- Emily Kerr in The Athens News: Trump wrong to cut our country’s International Affairs Budget
- Sarah Clark in Social Policy: A Letter from The Borgen Project: We Got Mail!
- Kyle Coburn in Delaware Online: Foreign aid benefits Delaware
- Roberto Consuegra in The Gainesville Sun: Untapped Markets
- Timothy Linton in The Spokesman-Review: Communicate on Issues
- Venus Nguyen in The Mercury News: Congress should increase aid to end world hunger
- Emily Klein in The Gonzaga Bulletin: True power of change lies in reaching out to representatives
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
PR/Marketing Team member Ashley Strand shows us how easy it is to e-mail Congress