Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in September: 73
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2019: 615
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2019: 775
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in September: 7,178
- Total # of Advocacy Emails in 2019: 84,837
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2019: 80,000
- % of Congress Emailed in September: 99%
Congressional Office Meetings
Listen to the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
New record alert! 795,483 people visited borgenproject.org in September. That’s 140,000 people more than the previous record. Over 5.2 million people have visited the website thus far this year. Great job everyone!
Congratulations to the following team members who have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Amanda Buster, Political Affairs Team member; Hannah Stewart, Content Team member; Rupkatha Banerjee, Political Affairs Team member; Trey Ross, Content Team member; Douglas Burnham, HR Team member, Michelle Dickson, Political Affairs Team member.
- President’s Circle (held 3 congressional meetings): Political Affairs Team members Olivia Anderson, Avery Ngo, Matthew Hendricks, Malasia Williams, Charles Zinn, Emilee Kerr, Joshua Angelo and Marisa Anopolsky.
- Public Outreach Award (50 or more people mobilized): Manan Shah, Political Affairs Team member (64); Madison Botsch, PR/Marketing Team member (56).
- Article of the Month: Electricity Alleviates Poverty Through the Electrify Africa Act by Peter Trousdale
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Letters to the Editor
Political Affairs Team
- Joshua Angelo in the Eastbay Times: Trump’s decision not to cut foreign aid is victory
- William Ellis in the Tucson: Foreign aid is necessary for diplomacy to flourish
- April Pou in the Southern Digest: Taking Action: Every college student should contact his/her Representative
- Megan Wyatt in the Go Dan River: Why the global community matters
- Adam Bentz in the Reading Eagle: U.S. must strengthen approach to foreign aid: Assisting allies abroad benefits America
- Ariel St. Clair in The Spokesman Review: Global aid good for business
- Courtney Palmersheim in the Times-Republican: World poverty is real
- Yangcheng Zhou in Newsday: Eighteen years ago
- Maggie Aulman in The Post Star: Peace is possible with compassion
- Annabel Gregg in the Post Star: Support the Keeping Girls in School Act
Outreach & Mobilizing Materials
Political Affairs Team member Charles Zinn spoke and networked at the PICS Event that he attended last week:
PR/Marketing Team member, Maggie Aulman, had a piece written about her time with The Borgen Project.
Political Affairs Team member Sophia Serafin complete her One-Mile Campaign: