Note from the President:
- Forbes recently published a story that utilized a Borgen Project article written by Sarah Prellwitz of Idaho. We see this happen frequently, where a major news site references an article written by our Content Team members. Keep up the great writing! You never know who is reading your article.
- We recently learned that the sponsors of the Economic Growth and Development Act will be introducing a larger bill that incorporates the EGDA while tackling more issues. This will ultimately be a good thing, but in the short-term, we’re going to scale back our advocacy efforts around EGDA. Look for the news on the new bill in 2-3 weeks.
~ Clint Borgen
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in January: 44
- Total # of Lobbying Meetings in 2018: 44
- Lobbying Meetings Goal for 2018: 560
- Number of Advocacy Emails in January: 4,681 emails sent.
- Advocacy Emails Goal for 2018: 100,000
- % of Congress Emailed in January: 62%. We emailed all 535 members of Congress in 2017. Let’s do the same for 2018!
Sen. Johnny Isakson gave a Twitter shout-out to The Borgen Project last week.
Congressional Office Meetings
Here’s the latest from Warren about the goings-on in D.C.
Content Team Updates
These are the Top Ten Articles for January on BORGEN Magazine.
HR Team Updates
Congratulations to the following team members that have achieved Borgen Project Honors & Recognition
- Bird-dog Award: Danielle Robinson, Political Affairs Team.
- Capital Achievement Award (raised $2,000 or more): Nikita Iyer, Content Team.
- Chief Closer Award (raised $1,000 or more): Bronti DeRoche, Content Team and Lea Sacca, Content Team.
- President’s Circle Award: Charlene Preston, Political Affairs Team.
- Public Outreach Award: Mikayla Merchant, PR/Marketing Team.
Visit the Our Team Members page and read about success stories with our organization.
Getting the Word Out
Check out these business cards designed by Political Affairs Team member Abby Jones.
PR/Marketing Team member Chloe Allen used chalk art and fliers as part of her One-Mile Campaign.
Political Affairs Team member Pamela Lara Perez participated in this year’s Women’s March and created this sign and handed out these Borgen Project fliers.
Letters to the Editor
Katherine Thomas, PR/Marketing Team, in the Daily Tar Heel – Local Government Affects Global Issues.
Sameen Oboudiyat, Political Affairs Team, in the Centre Daily Times – Create conversation about global health.
Check out this Instagram post from Political Affairs Team member Melissa Balke. Melissa attended January’s fundraising event held in San Francisco that was hosted by Board Member Rachel Bell. Clint spoke at the event and was accompanied by his wife Kate.
Here are the latest videos from our Social Media Team member Elizabeth Gasciogne.